Since I’ve made hundreds of crockpot freezer meals, I decided to compile a list of 17 favorites that are healthy too. All of these recipes contain vegetables, very little processed foods, and are absolutely delicious.
First, here’s why I’m obsessed with crockpot freezer meals:
- There’s no cooking required ahead of time so they’re very easy to make. Simply combine the ingredients in plastic freezer bags and freeze for up to three months.
- They cook for the first time out of the freezer and don’t taste like leftovers at all.
- I can save lots of money by buying the ingredients in bulk.
My mom and I made 28 healthy crockpot freezer meals in three hours and the ingredients only cost $241, which works out to $8.60 per meal or $1.05 per serving!
If you’re nervous about mixing raw meat and vegetables, don’t be. I did a lot of research when I was writing my No Cook Freezer Meals cookbook and the USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service says that freezing to 0 °F inactivates any microbes present in food (such as bacteria, yeasts, and molds). That means freezing raw meat with vegetables, sauces, and spices is perfectly safe.
I’ve tried every single one of these recipes myself, so I can vouch that they’re healthy, delicious, and easy to make. Enjoy!
17 Healthy Crockpot Freezer Meals
- Zuppa Toscana with Sweet Potatoes
- Beef Barley Stew from Live Simply
- Italian Chicken from my Organic Costco Freezer Meals post
- Honey Dijon Pork with Green Beans from my Whole Foods Freezer Meals post
- Mississippi Pot Roast
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Chicken Curry
- Greens & Beans (vegetarian)
- Red Pepper Chicken
- Balsamic Beef Roast with Carrots from my Healthy Crockpot Freezer Meals post
- White Chicken Chili inspired by Money Saving Mom’s recipe
- Stuffed Peppers
- Chicken Cacciatore
- Ham and Potato Soup from my Budget-Friendly Freezer Meals post
- Mushroom Spinach Stroganoff
- Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies from Damn Delicious
- Chicken Fajitas from my No Cook Freezer Meals eBook and shared for free below (these can be cooked on the stovetop too)
Thoughts or questions? Please leave a comment below and I’ll respond as soon as I can. I’d love to hear from you.
P.S. I shared this list on Thirty Handmade Days on 11/7/15.