(This post has been updated for 2021.)
Geez, I can’t believe it’s March already. We already ate all of the freezer meals that I prepped for the new year, so I’m back to relying on my crockpot to keep us afloat. I came up with a list of 12 easy and healthy crockpot freezer recipes for this month that I’m super excited about.
What’s so great about these Crockpot freezer recipes?
- They’re healthy. (Most of them include seasonal veggies like asparagus, cauliflower, citrus fruits, leafy greens, peas, or sweet potatoes)
- They can be frozen without any cooking ahead of time. That means they’re very quick and easy to prep and cook for the first time in the crockpot. (No “leftover” taste.)
- They’re delicious! (I tried all of them myself.)
12 Healthy Crockpot Freezer Meals to Make in March
- Beef and Broccoli
- Lemon Pepper Chicken from my freezer meal post
- Salsa Verde Shredded Pork Tacos
- Beef, Lime, and Cilantro Chili (YUM)
- Ginger Chicken with Snow Peas
- Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Hearty Beef Vegetable Soup from my Costco organic freezer meals (with ground beef or meatballs)
- Citrus Chicken from my Clean Eating Crockpot eCookbook and shared for free below
- Italian Pork Roast
- Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps
- Italian Chicken from this freezer meal prep session (SO GOOD)
- Homemade Mississippi Roast with Carrots (one of the best crockpot recipes ever)
If you’re motivated to prep and freeze all of the meals at once, here is how I assemble and cook each one (including a full shopping list and meal planning calendar!):
If you look at the calendar above, you’ll see that I picked a “theme” for each day of the week and then found seasonal crockpot recipes that would match that theme. (For example, Beef and Broccoli on a Beef-themed Monday.) I also included a variety of tastes and textures so we wouldn’t feel like we were eating the same thing everyday.
My husband, Andy, added text boxes to the calendar, so you can swap the meals to fit your schedule, delete the meals you don’t want to make, etc. I hope you have a wonderful March, Friends.
Thank you, you have been of great help.
I don’t see the recipe for the orange chicken??
Also looking for the citrus chicken recipe!
Your website is so super helpful! I bought your complete freezer cooking bundle today and am very excited about it! I did have 2 questions though – 1.) could I replace the chicken breasts in your recipes for thighs and if so, how would I need to adjust the cooking time? 2.) what can I use in place of bell peppers in your recipes? My husband is allergic
Thanks so much for the printables!! I’m excited to shop and prepare these in next few days…
I thought I would make these for just simple meals here and there. But then when we decided to sell the house, these became the mealtime glue that holds us all together! So easy to just take out the next one, pop it in the crockpot, paint, clean and homeschool all day, and dinner is ready at the right time. We also have the little ones helping with assembly, which makes it fun when a meal comes out that they helped to make! The way we are using these a ‘set’ only covers a week and a half, so we… Read more »