Do you want to eat healthier this year? Stock your freezer with healthy crockpot meals! Here are 17 crockpot recipes that I’ve tried myself that don’t contain any added sugar. Free printable recipes and shopping list below.
Why crockpot freezer meals?
- There’s no cooking required ahead of time so they’re super easy to make. Simply combine the ingredients in plastic freezer bags and freeze for up to three months.
- They cook for the first time out of the freezer and don’t taste like leftovers at all.
- I can save money by buying the ingredients in bulk.
I have four little kids, so I don’t have a lot of time to cook. (My fifth baby is due the end of this month!) I’ve made hundreds of crockpot freezer meals over the years and I don’t think I would be sane or healthy without them. Since I’ve tried so many recipes myself I thought it might be helpful to share our favorites that are sugar-free. I’m even including a free printable with all of the recipes and a full shopping list.
If you’re following a sugar-free diet, make sure to read the ingredient list on canned goods and sauces to make sure no sugar is added. (The blog Pinch of Yum has an awesome sugar-free product guide with photos of nutritional labels and how to identify sugar on them.)
I’ve tried every single one of these recipes myself and can vouch that they’re healthy, delicious, and easy to make. Enjoy, Friends!
17 Delicious Crockpot Freezer Meals That Are Sugar-Free
- Cool Ranch Shredded Chicken Tacos (we love this recipe!)
- Beef and Sweet Potato Chili
- Low-Fat Chicken Noodle Soup (my kids’ favorite)
- Steak Italiano Marinara
- Chicken Fajitas from Thirty Handmade Days
- Crack Chicken
- Thai Pineapple Curry (vegetarian and vegan)
- Salsa Verde Shredded Pork Tacos
- Beef Barley Stew from Live Simply
- Homemade Mississippi Roast with Carrots
- Tuscan Chicken Stew adapted from Sweet Peas and Saffron (yum!)
- Red Pepper Chicken
- Meatball Vegetable Soup
- Skinny Shredded Buffalo Chicken from Thirty Handmade Days
- Italian Pork Roast (SO GOOD)
- Mozzarella-Stuffed Turkey Pesto Meatballs
- Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
If you’re motivated to prep and freeze all 17 at once, here’s a free printable pdf that explains exactly how I assemble and cook each meal (it even includes a full grocery shopping list!):
CLICK HERE FOR THE FREE RECIPES & SHOPPING LIST. NO STRINGS ATTACHED.
Hi! I have what might be a silly question – should I buy frozen or fresh meat for these recipes? I know they’ll ultimately be frozen again, but I wasn’t sure whether the quality suffers if I begin with frozen chicken/beef/etc. Thanks so much in advance!
You can do either. If you buy the meat frozen, add it to the bags frozen (in other words, don’t thaw and re-freeze). I prefer fresh meat, but if you’re used to buying frozen it will work just fine.
[…] from New Leaf Wellness put together a list of 17 Delicious Sugar-Free Crockpot Freezer Meals. Her free download includes 7 printable recipes and a printable shopping […]
I’m excited to try these! We try to eat very little sugar, so these will be super-helpful. You have such fantastic recipes, and we actually used many this past fall when we went on a week-long vacation. It was so nice to have a healthy, homemade meal ready every evening when we got back from our day’s adventures. Plus, it was so much more economical for our family of 8! Thanks so much!
I made the Meatball Vegetable soup, it was delicious!! My family loved it!! I made my own meatballs and used Classico Spicy Red Pepper Spaghetti sauce. I didn’t freeze it, just made it and ate it!?