Here’s a recipe for Slow Cooker Thai Pineapple Curry that’s absolutely delicious. I can’t count the number of times that I’ve made it recently – probably five times in two months! The combination of spicy and sweet can’t be beat, and I love that it’s healthy too.
This is one of the recipes from my new Slow Cooker Freezer Meals mini eCookbook and I’m excited to share it for free.
Inside the eCookbook, you’ll find:
- Seven hearty slow cooker freezer meals that can be made with OR without meat and frozen for up to three months
- Delicious recipes with 10 ingredients or less
- Full nutritional info
- Recipes that are formatted to print on regular 8.5×11″ computer paper
- A super-organized grocery list (that’s printer-friendly too!)
- Color photos of the cooked meals
- Cooking instructions that you can print on Avery water-resistant labels and stick to your freezer bags
- Tips for preparing and cooking slow cooker freezer meals safely and efficiently
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO OR BUY NOW
I like to assemble my meals and freeze them for later (The directions below will walk you through the process step-by-step). You don’t have to do any cooking ahead of time, so the meals are super quick to prep and there’s nothing easier than dumping a meal into your slow cooker in the morning. Plus, the meals cook for the first time out of the freezer and don’t taste like leftovers at all. Yay!
While I love having assembled dinners waiting in my freezer, there’s no reason why you can’t skip the freezing step and place all of the ingredients directly into your slow cooker instead. Enjoy!
Freezer-to-Slow Cooker Thai Pineapple Curry
This is a sweet and spicy curry that tastes great served over rice. I would rate the spiciness 5/10. If you want to decrease, add less red pepper flakes. Serve with jasmine rice.
Yields: 6 serving
- 15oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 fresh pineapple, cored and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (2 med or 1 large), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (about one cup)
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 13.5oz can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 gallon-sized plastic freezer bag
- Label your freezer bag.
- Add all ingredients to your freezer bag, remove as much air as possible, and seal.
- Freeze for up to three months.
- Thaw overnight in refrigerator.
- Add to slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours on “low” setting or until onions and peppers are tender.
+ Meat Option: Add one pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces to your freezer bag (raw).
CLICK HERE FOR A FREE PRINTABLE VERSION OF THE RECIPE WITH NUTRITIONAL INFO AND FREEZER MEAL LABEL.
Thoughts or questions? Please leave a comment below and I’ll respond as soon as I can. I’d love to hear from you.
Over 10,000 people purchased my Freezer Cooking eBook Bundle this year and changed the way they cook dinner. Join them today!
I just ordered several of your ebooks but gave the wrong email address (I used part of my personal email and part of my work email). I really want to use the ebooks as soon as possible. Can I fix my error?
Yes, absolutely. Just send me an email and I will reply with new copies.
I just found your website and love it! I’m excited to get started with crock pot freezer meals! I just have one question for you first before I get started. I just recently purchased a food saver, and as I was reading the instructions, it said not to vacuum seal raw mushrooms, onions, and garlic and then freeze because bacteria could grow even without oxygen in the bags. Is it OK to vacuum and freeze these ingredients raw as long as they are cooked when you are ready to use them? A lot of the crock pot recipes that I… Read more »
I’ve never heard that recommendation before. The USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service says that freezing to 0 degrees F inactivates microbes present in food (like bacteria, yeasts, and molds). The standard freezer setting in the United States is 0 °F so I think we should be fine.
Loved it, as did my husband. We’ve been searching for solid meatless recipes, and this is, hands down, one of the best slow cooker dishes I’ve ever tried, period. Thank you, Kelly, for the recipe.
Yay! I’m so glad, Kris. 🙂
I ordered some of your eBooks yesterday and am not seeing the link to the books i ordered. What do i do?
Hi Nadine! You should have received an email with links to download immediately after purchase. I just emailed you new copies! Thank you for your purchase!!
This is such a delicious recipe! I used red curry paste and added chicken breast and 1 cup broth.
Thank you for sharing your recipes for freezer to crockpot meals! They got me through the first months after having my second child.
[…] Thai Pineapple Curry […]