*This post has been updated for 2021
Spring weather has finally made its way to Pittsburgh. Yay!! I’m trying to get my kids outside as much as possible and I’m almost done going through all of our winter clothes, boots, etc. I even got motivated on Monday and prepped 12 freezer meals so we can play outside after school, and drive our older kids to after-school activities, and not have to worry about dinner.
Click here for the free printable recipes, shopping list, and meal planning calendar:
CLICK HERE TO VIEW AND SAVE THE PDF FOR FREE.
This meal plan includes 12 healthy crockpot freezer recipes that are approved by my family of seven:
- Tomato Turkey and Vegetable Soup
- Shredded BBQ Chicken
- Chicken Fajitas from Thirty Handmade Days
- Turkey Black Bean Chili (yum)
- Sloppy Joes
- Honey Sriracha Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Kale and Chorizo Soup (only 5 ingredients)
- Italian Pork
- Mango Pineapple Beef Barbarcoa
- Four-Bean White Chicken Chili
- Shredded Buffalo Chicken (from my best-selling freezer cookbook bundle and shared for free in the PDF)
- Salsa Verde Shredded Pork
Bonus Recipe: Dairy-Free Ranch Burgers! This is my favorite hamburger recipe to freeze for the grill.
What’s so great about these recipes?
- They’re healthy. (Most of them include spring flavors and seasonal produce like broccoli, leafy greens, mangos, etc. Serve them with chopped fresh herbs and avocados, which are also in season.)
- They’re delicious! (I tried all of them myself.)
- They can be frozen without any cooking ahead of time. When you’re ready to eat, thaw in your refrigerator or in the morning in water and then cook in your crockpot like normal. (They can be frozen for at least three months, so if you don’t eat all of them this month you’ll have a jumpstart on June.)
If you look at the calendar above, you’ll see that I picked a “theme” for each day of the week and then found seasonal crockpot recipes that would match that theme. (For example, Shredded BBQ Chicken on a “Sandwich” Monday.) I also included a variety of tastes and textures so we wouldn’t feel like we were eating the same thing everyday.
My husband, Andy, added text boxes to the calendar, so you can swap the meals to fit your schedule, delete the meals you don’t want to make, etc. Enjoy, Friends.
[…] from New Leaf Wellness put together a list of 12 Healthy Crockpot Freezer Meals to Make in August. Her free download includes 10 printable recipes and a printable shopping […]
I’ve got two freezer packs of the buffalo chicken in my freezer already and ready to go for the week. Your recipes have really helped me get more control of my eating than I’ve had in a long time. A weird schedule plus not being able to read the local language means I opt for many convenience store meals. Your recipes have saved me from that bad habit! I’ll definitely be making a few more of these (though nothing with turkey as there isn’t any turkey in stores here in Taiwan.) I’d love to see more recipes where you use… Read more »
You could try it with meatballs and chopped bell peppers. I think that would be delicious with rice.
Hi Kelly, I was wondering what size of crockpot to use?
All of the recipes should work in a 4-7 quart slow cooker.
Are the meals you’ve included in the monthly series such as “12 healthy freezer crockpot meals for July” etc…
new recipes or are they included in your cookbooks?
Most of them are from my blog because I try to keep the cookbook recipes exclusive to purchasers.
I noticed that for the chili, that you are not cooking the ground turkey ahead of time. Is that ok? I always brown my ground beef/turkey ahead of time and then put it in the slow cooker.
Yep, it’s fine. I make all my crockpot meals raw.
[…] >>Read more […]
Why do you leave the broth out of the meal when freezing?
It depends on the recipe. You can add it if it fits in the bag. It will take longer to thaw though.