*Updated for 2021
Spring is right around the corner and I’ve never been so desperate to get outside. Being stuck at home with five little kids is exhausting. Between cleaning and getting everyone dressed and fed, the entire day slips away without getting anything accomplished.
Unfortunately, all of my freezers are empty too. We ate the healthy stir fry “packs” that I froze for the crockpot/Instant Pot (the honey garlic chicken and snow peas was my favorite) and trying to figure out what to make for dinner tonight is stressful enough, let alone making more freezer meals. The good news is that I was able to reuse some of our favorite recipes from last year to come up with a plan for this month.
What’s so great about these recipes?
- They’re healthy. (Most of them include seasonal veggies like broccoli, citrus fruits, leafy greens, mushrooms, or sweet potatoes)
- They can be frozen without any cooking ahead of time. That means they’re very quick and easy to prep and cook for the first time in the crockpot. (No “leftover” taste.)
- They’re delicious! (I tried all of them myself.)
12 Healthy Crockpot Freezer Meals to Make in April
- Curried Sweet Potato Soup
- Shredded Chicken Quesadillas
- Chicken Teriyaki from Thirty Handmade Days
- Mushroom Spinach Stroganoff
- Cool Ranch Shredded Chicken Tacos (YUM)
- Chinese Pepper Steak with Green Peppers and Onions
- Greens & Beans
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Sweet and Sour Pork (from my best-selling freezer cookbook bundle and shared for free in the PDF)
- Garden Vegetable Soup with Pesto (better than Panera’s)
- Honey Sriracha Chicken Lettuce Wraps (only 5 ingredients!)
- Beef and Broccoli
If you’re motivated to prep and freeze all of the meals at once, here is how I assemble and cook each one (including a full shopping list and meal planning calendar!):
If you look at the calendar above, you’ll see that I picked a “theme” for each day of the week and then found seasonal crockpot recipes that would match that theme. (For example, Curried Sweet Potato Soup on a Meatless Monday.) I also included a variety of tastes and textures so we wouldn’t feel like we were eating the same thing everyday.
My husband, Andy, added text boxes to the calendar, so you can swap the meals to fit your schedule, delete the meals you don’t want to make, etc. Happy Spring, Friends.
Do you have conversions for IP?
Maybe it’s a Kimberly thing, LOL!, but I’d love Instant Pot conversions as well. <3
Can pre cooked shredded chicken be used instead and just reheated in the crockpot with a significantly lower cook time or would that affect the flavor?
How about the freezer bags