You’re going to love this new recipe for Crockpot Curried Sweet Potato Soup. It’s healthy, delicious, and so easy to make!
My friends get together once a month and it’s the best thing ever. We rotate who hosts, sneak over when our kids are in bed, and snack and chat. (And laugh. Like, a lot.) I hosted our ladies’ night last month and made this curried sweet potato soup in my crockpot. It was delicious and fit with every diet imaginable (dairy-free, gluten-free, vegetarian, Whole30, etc.).
I like you’ll like it too. It’s sweet, perfectly spiced, and heart-warming. I ate the leftovers for lunch the next day with some fresh tortilla chips from Whole Foods and died over the amazingness.
Fun recipe options:
- Swap out the sweet potatoes for butternut squash or do half and half. (I think adding some carrots would be yummy too.)
- Combine the ingredients (raw) in a baggie and freeze for up to three months. That way you’ll always have a quick and easy meal on-hand. Just thaw enough to fit in your crockpot and turn it on.
- Make a batch on Sunday and portion into bowls to eat for lunch during the week. (Don’t forget to share one with your mom and BFF too. XO.)
Yields: 6 servings
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small yellow onion, diced (one cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans unsweetened coconut milk (13.5oz each)
- 4.25oz can diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients to crockpot and cook on low setting for 6 hours or until potatoes are soft and easy to mash.
- Mash or puree to desired consistency with an immersion blender or regular countertop blender (You’ll need to cool before blending).
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and use-by date (three months from when you prepped the meal).
- To your freezer bag, add all ingredients.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze for up to three months.
- When ready to eat, thaw slightly in refrigerator or in water, and cook in crockpot for 6 hours on low setting. Mash or puree to desired consistency.
Serve with a salad or crusty bread.