Spring weather has finally made its way to Pittsburgh. Yay!! I’m trying to get my kids outside as much as possible and I’m almost done going through all of our winter clothes, boots, etc. I even got motivated on Monday and prepped 12 freezer meals so we can play outside after school, and drive our older kids to after-school activities, and not have to worry about dinner.
Click here for the free printable recipes, shopping list, and meal planning calendar:
This meal plan includes 12 healthy crockpot freezer recipes that are approved by my family of seven:
- Tomato Turkey and Vegetable Soup
- Shredded BBQ Chicken
- Chicken Fajitas from Thirty Handmade Days
- Turkey Black Bean Chili (yum)
- Sloppy Joes
- Honey Sriracha Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Kale and Chorizo Soup (only 5 ingredients)
- Italian Pork
- Mango Pineapple Beef Barbarcoa
- Four-Bean White Chicken Chili
- Shredded Buffalo Chicken (from my best-selling freezer cookbook bundle and shared for free in the PDF)
- Salsa Verde Shredded Pork
Bonus Recipe: Dairy-Free Ranch Burgers! This is my favorite hamburger recipe to freeze for the grill.
- They’re healthy. (Most of them include spring flavors and seasonal produce like broccoli, leafy greens, mangos, etc. Serve them with chopped fresh herbs and avocados, which are also in season.)
- They’re delicious! (I tried all of them myself.)
- They can be frozen without any cooking ahead of time. When you’re ready to eat, thaw in your refrigerator or in the morning in water and then cook in your crockpot like normal. (They can be frozen for at least three months, so if you don’t eat all of them this month you’ll have a jumpstart on June.)
If you look at the calendar above, you’ll see that I picked a “theme” for each day of the week and then found seasonal crockpot recipes that would match that theme. (For example, Shredded BBQ Chicken on a “Sandwich” Monday.) I also included a variety of tastes and textures so we wouldn’t feel like we were eating the same thing everyday.
My husband, Andy, added text boxes to the calendar, so you can swap the meals to fit your schedule, delete the meals you don’t want to make, etc. Enjoy, Friends.