Do you only use your crockpot to make pot roast? If so, you’re missing out. I use my crockpot to make overnight oats, sweet potatoes, and banana bread. (Not all at the same time, of course.)
Some of the most popular recipes on my site are Asian crockpot meals and I think it’s because readers like making creative dishes in their crockpots. Plus the crockpot makes Asian recipes less intimidating to the average American home cook.
Since I’m in the midst of writing a mini eCookbook full of Asian crockpot freezer recipes I decided to put together a list of some of my favorites that are available online. Enjoy!
17 Asian Crockpot Recipes That Are Better Than Take-Out
- Chicken Curry (This one is so good!)
- Chicken Tikka Masala (YUM.)
- Chinese Beef and Broccoli from The Sweeter Side of Mommyhood
- Thai Pineapple Curry (vegetarian)
- Asian-Style Whole Chicken Recipe
- Cashew Chicken from Damn Delicious
- Korean-Style Short Ribs from Food.com
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps (These taste great made with ground turkey too.)
- Coconut Chickpea Curry (vegetarian)
- Pork Ramen from Chowhound
- Korean Beef from Damn Delicious (I can’t wait to try this one.)
- Asian Chicken and Noodle Soup from Once a Month Meals
- Chinese Hot Pot from Peta (vegetarian)
- Vegetable and Chickpea Curry from Cooking Light (vegetarian)
- Thai Peanut Chicken from Mommy’s Fabulous Finds
- Chinese Pepper Steak from AllRecipes
- Sweet and Sour Chicken from Real Mom Kitchen
I love crockpot recipes because all you have to do is combine the ingredients in your crockpot and turn it on. You can also add all of the ingredients raw to a baggy and freeze for up to three months. (Yes, it’s safe to freeze raw meat and veggies in the same bag.) That way you can dump a pre-assembled bag into your crockpot instead of ordering take-out.
If you’re new to crockpot freezer meals, I wrote up exactly how I would prep and freeze each meal in this printable pdf:
CLICK HERE FOR ALL OF THE FREE PRINTABLE RECIPES AND A FULL GROCERY LIST
Thoughts or questions? Leave a comment below and I’ll respond as soon as I can. I’d love to hear from you.
Can’t wait for the new cookbook!
Thanks, Wendy. 🙂
[…] from New Leaf Wellness has a great list of 17 Asian Crockpot Recipes That are Better Than Take-Out. Her free download includes grocery lists and recipes for all of the […]
Hi, I was wondering if you have a cost figure on doing all 17 meals? Thanks
I’m not sure. Maybe $8 per meal if you shop sales? Meat is always the most expensive ingredient.
Hi, Kelly, just wanted to let you know that we tried the Korean Beef yesterday, and it was very good, even though I totally forgot to thicken it with cornstarch! It is pretty similar to Mongolian Beef, and I am thinking about doing a comparison of the two recipes so when I do my next beef freezer cooking section, I can easily do a recipe of each, by knowing exactly which are the different ingredients that need to be added to each freezer bag. Does that make sense? We also tried half a recipe of the Slow Cooker Cinnamon Banana… Read more »
Thank you so much for the feedback, Melissa. The banana bread should work well in the oven too. You could probably even freeze it in a pan raw and bake later (that’s what I do for my carrot cake bread).
Ok, thanks, Kelly, and you’re welcome!
I happened upon your recipes while searching for good freezer meals. I have 5 children and I’m also a health coach, so I read labels and cook every meal from scratch… But I wanted to tell you how much I have learned from you! The organiZation of it all and the meals are always really good. The whole family just loves them. Thank you for sharing your talents with us. All these great free meals online we can print, along with the grocery list. It’s amazing!
Thanks, Michelle! 🙂