If you think crockpots are only for pot roasts, think again! This Crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala is sweet, spicy, and sooooo easy to make!
My crockpot chicken curry is one of my most popular recipes, so when I was planning the recipes for my Crockpot Chicken Freezer Meals eCookbook I made sure to include some fun recipes like Chicken Tikka Masala and Thai Chicken. Yum! (You can see the full list of recipes here.)
I asked the people who follow my Facebook page which recipe they wanted to see for free on my blog and this was the clear winner, so here you go.
Here’s what I love about this recipe:
- It’s sweet, spicy, and delicious.
- It only requires nine ingredients and most of them are staples in my kitchen.
- I can add it to the crockpot in the morning or freeze everything raw in a baggie for later.
Crockpot Chicken Tikka Masala
Yields: 6 servings
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Two 15oz cans of tomato sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8oz heavy cream (1 cup or 1/2 pint)
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and cook on “low” setting for 4 hours in a 6-quart slow cooker or 8 hours in a 4-quart slow cooker.
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by” date.
- To your freezer bag add all ingredients.
- Remove as much air as possible and seal for up to three months.
- When ready to eat, thaw freezer bag overnight in refrigerator or in the morning in water.
- Add contents of freezer bag to slow cooker and cook on “low” setting for 4 hours in a 6-quart slow cooker or 8 hours in a 4-quart slow cooker.
Serve with naan or rice and a salad.