As much as I don’t want to admit it, summer is quickly coming to an end. Although many kiddos have already gone back to school, we still have one last hurrah…Labor Day weekend! Whether you’re hosting a picnic or have been invited to a pot luck, here are my favorite crockpot recipes for a large crowd.
What’s so great about these recipes?
- They’re all easy to make. (Most of the recipes are very healthy too!)
- You can make them ahead of time so picnic prep is a breeze.
- I’m including options for appetizers, drinks, and even dessert!
11 Make-Ahead Crockpot Recipes to Make for Labor Day
- Crockpot Baked Beans
- Crockpot Sweet and Sour BBQ Meatballs
- Crockpot Beef and Beer Chili (this would be great on top of a freshly grilled hot dog)
- Crockpot Blackberry BBQ Chicken
- Crockpot Shredded BBQ Chicken
- Crockpot Sloppy Joe’s
- Crockpot Turkey Black Bean Chili
- Crockpot Sweet and Spicy BBQ Pork
- Crockpot Chicken Salad Sandwiches (make the day ahead of time, chill, grab and go!)
- Crockpot Lightly-Sweetened Lemonade Iced Tea (add some ice and your favorite ladle and let your guests serve themselves)
- Three-Ingredient Crockpot Peach Dump Cake (fresh peaches!!)
So, fire up your crockpots and get ready to celebrate the end-of-summer. Friends, family, and food….there is no better combination.
Jill Petrush Rogers is an artist and former bookbuyer/seller. Jill recently moved back to her hometown of Pittsburgh, PA with her husband, Tom, and their two energy-filled boys. Jill loves to channel her creativity by coming up with recipes as a contributing writer for New Leaf Wellness.