I’m so excited to share this recipe for Sweet and Sour Chicken with you! I made it for my family last week and it was so quick and easy to make, and everyone loved it!
- It only takes five minutes to make it in the crockpot.
- It’s made with six, simple, budget-friendly ingredients.
- It’s healthy and delicious!
I don’t know about you, but my life is packed right now with work, my kids’ activities, and just trying to stay balanced. Coming home to dinner in the crockpot is the best thing ever.Print
This is an easy and healthy recipe that you can cook in your crockpot or freeze (raw) and cook later. Serve with rice.
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 pineapple, chopped
- 1 bottle (18oz) spicy BBQ sauce
- Add all ingredients to crockpot.
- Cook 4-6 hours on “low” setting.
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and use-by date (which would be 3 months from the prep date).
- Add all ingredients except chicken to freezer bag, seal, and freeze up to three months.
- When ready to cook, add contents of freezer bag to crockpot with chicken. (I freeze my chicken separately because it turns a weird texture when it’s frozen with pineapple.)
- Cook on “low” setting for 4-6 hours.