I’m so excited to share this recipe for Sweet and Sour Chicken with you! I made it for my family last week and it was so quick and easy to make, and everyone loved it!
What’s so great about this recipe for Crockpot Sweet and Sour BBQ Chicken?
- It only takes five minutes to make it in the crockpot.
- It’s made with six, simple, budget-friendly ingredients.
- It’s healthy and delicious!
I don’t know about you, but my life is packed right now with work, my kids’ activities, and just trying to stay balanced. Coming home to dinner in the crockpot is the best thing ever.Print
Simple Crockpot Sweet and Sour BBQ Chicken
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
This is an easy and healthy recipe that you can cook in your crockpot or freeze (raw) and cook later. Serve with rice.
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 pineapple, chopped
- 1 bottle (18oz) spicy BBQ sauce
- Add all ingredients to crockpot.
- Cook 4-6 hours on “low” setting.
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and use-by date (which would be 3 months from the prep date).
- Add all ingredients except chicken to freezer bag, seal, and freeze up to three months.
- When ready to cook, add contents of freezer bag to crockpot with chicken. (I freeze my chicken separately because it turns a weird texture when it’s frozen with pineapple.)
- Cook on “low” setting for 4-6 hours.
Have you done this with canned pineapple? Fresh can vary so much in price and quality where we shop!
Thank you so much! I am a new mother of two beautiful girls under two. I also work full-time as a teacher. I have been struggling with spending time with my girls when we arrive home. I was just cooking then sending them to bed. Now that I have found your site, I am able to have time with my girls. I have viewed other sites, but you put everything together in such a clear and efficient manner which is needed when you have kids. I can ‘t thank you enough for giving me time with my girls and not… Read more »
Made this tonight for dinner and it was good, added some pepper and may use a different BBQ sauce next time but other than that it was delicious and easy. One thought for me would be if you could incorporate the carbs, fats proteins as I am trying to watch carbs right now or maybe even recommend subs as soon I will go back to pescitarian meals. Thank you again for the easy and delicious meals!