I got a great deal on ground turkey at Costco and started thinking about how I could use it to make freezer meals (It only cost $2.79 per pound!). Since I have four children ages 6 and under my favorite freezer recipes are the ones that don’t require any cooking ahead of time. I can quickly combine the ingredients in freezer bags and stack them in the freezer.
Here are my five favorite freezer meals made with ground turkey:
- Crockpot Tomato Turkey and Vegetable Soup
- Crockpot Turkey Black Bean Chili
- Crockpot Mexican Stuffed Peppers with Ground Turkey
- Turkey Burger Burritos
- Mozzarella-Stuffed Turkey Pesto Meatballs
These are all recipes that we love and make over and over again.
What’s so great about these freezer meals?
- They’re budget-friendly. When ground turkey is on sale I can make all five at once and freeze for up to three months.
- They’re super easy to prep. I can assemble and freeze all five in about an hour.
- They’re healthy and delicious!
I make a lot of crockpot meals so I love that these five recipes can be cooked different ways. The Mozzarella-Stuffed Turkey Pesto Meatballs are one of my family’s favorite recipes to cook in the oven and serve with a side of spaghetti. And, the Turkey Burger Burritos can even be re-heated in the microwave!
If you’ve never made freezer meals before, here’s how I make them quickly and efficiently:
- I buy all of the ingredients ahead of time.
- I print the recipes and label the freezer bags (or pans).
- I start by making any recipes that need to be cooked before freezing so they have time to cool. (In this case it’s only the Turkey Burger Burritos.)
- I assemble the crockpot freezer meals by layering their veggies, sauces and spices, and meats in their freezer bags.
- I make the casserole-type dishes (like the Mozzarella-Stuffed Turkey Pesto Meatballs).
Then I stack all the finished meals in my freezer and freeze for up to three months. So easy!!