Life can get super busy in our large family so I am always looking for ways to save time. Meal prepping and batching freezer meals is a life saver for us! Today, I’m sharing how I made 12 easy freezer crockpot meals in under 60 minutes!! Whoop whoop!!
I am a huge fan of the peace of mind that I get knowing that I have a bunch of meals ready to feed my family at a moment’s notice. With a little planning, creating these meals in under an hour was easy peasy! I chose six of our favorite recipes and doubled each one, leaving me with 12 easy crockpot freezer meals when all was said and done, and I’m sharing my recipes and shopping list below so you can do the same.
Here’s what I made:
- Two freezer bags of Red Pepper Chicken (yum!)
- Two freezer bags of Cilantro Lime Chicken from Damn Delicious
- Two freezer bags of Chicken Pesto Parmesan from Twin Dragonfly Designs
- Two freezer bags of Asian-Style Chicken (I used chicken breasts instead of a whole chicken)
- Two freezer bags of Beef and Broccoli
- Two freezer bags of Chicken Tinga from 30 Handmade Days
CLICK HERE FOR THE FREE PRINTABLE RECIPES AND A FULL SHOPPING LIST!
What’s so great about these easy freezer crockpot meals?
- They’re so easy to make! None of the recipes require any cooking before freezing, so I was able to prep all 12 meals and clean up my kitchen in one hour. (That’s only 5 minutes/meal!)
- They’re budget-friendly! I spent about $175 at the grocery store, which works out to less than $15/meal.
- They’re healthy and delicious!
How did I make them in only one hour?!?
- First 15 Minutes: I labeled the freezer bags, got out all of the necessary ingredients, and opened all of the cans.
- Next 20 Minutes: I chopped the fresh ingredients and cut the meat, setting each aside in bowls. I stored the meat in the fridge until I was ready to use it.
- Next 20 Minutes: I assembled each meal into freezer bags. Using these stands to hold the bags open really helped to streamline the process.
- Final 5 Minutes: I added my meals to the freezer, put my knife, cutting board, and measuring cups and spoons in the dishwasher, and wiped down my kitchen counters.
That’s a total of 12 easy crockpot freezer meals in one hour!
Here are some of my time-saving tips:
- Get organized with printed recipes and shopping lists.
- Choose recipes with similar ingredients and double or triple them. (Or use my free printable recipes/shopping list above!)
- Chop the vegetables and cut the meat for all of the recipes at the same time.
- Fill freezer bags in an assembly line.
High fives all around when you’re done!
Cool bag stands! Where can I get those?
I purchased bag stands from Amazon as well, but basically, they were garbage. I purchased two different kinds. They don’t hold up and if I’m not careful, while filling the bag, the bag slides down and is not held will I’m loading the bag. They do not work well for me. If you have suggestions, I’d love to hear them.
Are the ingredients amounts listed for 1 recipe or 2? I’m excited to try these! Thank-you!!
The recipes are for one freezer bag, but the grocery shopping list is for all 12.
How long can these meal stay in the freezer before you eat them?
At least 3 months
Probably longer than 3 months if you use vacuum seal bags.
[…] >>Read more […]
[…] Source by thefamilyfreezer.com […]
[…] >>Read more […]