After a month of traveling I couldn’t wait to get back in my own kitchen. I love eating out on occasion, but I feel so much better eating at home. I decided to make 31 freezer meals so I wouldn’t have to worry about dinner for awhile and it was a huge success!!
Here’s what I made:
- Crockpot Black Bean Enchilada Stack
- Crockpot Cheesy Eggplant Bake
- Crockpot Mexican Stuffed Peppers (my husband’s fave)
- Crockpot Potato Corn Chowder
- Crockpot Thai Pineapple Curry
- Crockpot Three Bean Chili
- Crockpot Tuscan Tortellini Soup
- Chinese Sweet and Sour Pork
- Crockpot Indian Butter Chicken
- Crockpot Japanese Beef Teriyaki (SO GOOD)
- Crockpot Korean BBQ Chicken (yum, yum, yum)
- Crockpot Lebanese Sweet Potato Lentil Chili
- Crockpot Singaporean Chicken Rice Stew
- Crockpot Thai Green Curry Chicken
- Crockpot Bread Pudding
- Crockpot Chocolate Cake
- Crockpot Easy Blueberry Crisp (obsessed!)
- Skillet Chicken & Pepper Stir Fry
- Skillet Creamy Chicken Penne
- Skillet Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Skillet Italian Sausage Rigatoni (my fave)
- Skillet Ranch Popcorn Chicken
- Skillet Rice & Bean Burrito Bowl
- Skillet Turkey Burger Macaroni
- Oven Breaded Pork Chops
- Oven Cheesy Chicken & Veggie Casserole
- Oven Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- Oven Jalapeno Bacon Mac ‘n Cheese
- Oven Roasted Chicken with Honey Lemon Carrots & Red Potatoes
- Oven Sausage & Peppers
- Oven Zucchini “Lasagna” (YUMMMMM)
What’s so great about these freezer meals?
- They don’t require any cooking before freezing so I was able to make all 31 in 5 hours. (That works out to less than 10 minutes per meal!)
- I only spent $298 on groceries. (That works out to $9.61/meal or $1.54 per serving.)
- I won’t have to cook again for a long, long time. 🙂
If you can afford the Mini Freezer Cooking Bundle, buy it! The recipes undergo a much more thorough testing process than the free ones on my website. Plus the bundle includes five different printable grocery lists, printable freezer meal labels for Avery stickers, full nutritional info, and more.
I’m going to be honest and tell you that the beginning of this prep day was rough. My baby woke up at 5am and I was still tired from vacation and overwhelmed by all the other stuff on my to-do list. I had already bought the groceries though and asked my parents if they would help babysit, so I pushed through. My husband entertained our three daughters while my parents took turns holding the baby and helping me make meals. (Thank you, Mom and Dad!) Now that we’re eating the meals I’m so glad that we made them when we did.
We’ve been eating 3-4 freezer meals per week, and it’s the best thing ever. The meals are healthy, delicious, and easy to throw in the crockpot, pot, or oven. I love not having to stress over what to make for dinner. Plus, our grocery bill will be so much lower this month!
^^Yes, there’s even a recipe for double chocolate cake. Yummmmmm.