Hey, Friend! Heather here from the blog Twin Dragonfly Designs. Kelly asked me to share some of my favorite easy keto freezer meals with you because, in just over a year, I lost 85 pounds following a low carb, ketogenic lifestyle! Meal planning has been key to my success with keto so I’m excited to share how I made eight keto freezer meals in 90 minutes last week (free recipes and shopping list below!).
My entire adult life I have been on this diet roller coaster trying to find balance and achieve weight loss. It’s been a challenge! Are you with me?! While at a holiday party in 2017, I saw a friend who I hadn’t seen in years and she looked fabulous! I asked her what her secret was and she said “Keto!” After a lot of reading and research I discovered that Keto was a lifestyle that I could totally adopt.
I learned that I could eat meat, dairy, green vegetables and most importantly, still drink coffee! In just over a year I lost 85 pounds following a low carb, ketogenic lifestyle. (You can read all about the journey in my Keto Beginner Guide with Real Results blog post.)
Meal planning has been key to my success on keto! Creating easy keto freezer meals for the crockpot is something that has helped to keep me on track while following a ketogenic lifestyle (Did I mention that I also have twin sons?!). Today, I am sharing some of my favorite easy keto crockpot when I only have 1-2 hours of prep time.
Here are the easy keto freezer meals that I made:
- Garlic Parmesan Meatballs (from my blog, Twin Dragonfly Designs)
- Chicken Pesto Parmesan
- Coconut Curry Chicken
- Crack Chicken (so good)
- Swedish Meatballs
- Tikka Masala Meatballs
- Chicken Cacciatore from Wholesome Yum
- Chicken Fajita Soup from Eating on a Dime
What’s so great about these easy keto freezer meals?
- They’re easy to make! None of these recipes require any cooking ahead of time so I was able to prep all eight and clean up in my kitchen in only 90 minutes! (That works out to less than 12 minutes/meal.)
- They’re budget-friendly. I spent $100 on ingredients. (Less than $13/meal with six servings each.)
- They’re low carb and keto-friendly. And delicious!
What are some of the benefits to following Keto (for me)?
- No more brain fog! It feels like a veil has been lifted from my brain and I have so much clarity.
- Weight loss. Once I figured out which nutrients were optimally fueling my body, the weight just melted off!
- Energy levels have skyrocketed! I wake up each morning ready to tackle the day, run around after my twins and even manage to fit in a hike or two.
Some tips for making meals keto-compliant:
- Use ingredients that are low carb. Meat, cheese and green leafy vegetables are all low carb foods that I use in my cooking daily. Cauliflower, zucchini and mushrooms are always stocked in my refrigerator.
- Switch sweeteners. I substitute Monk Fruit or Stevia in all of my cooking and baking. Both of these natural sweeteners have a “0” rating on the glycemic index and will not cause a spike in blood sugars.
- Make healthy fat your friend. Coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil, butter, bacon and cheese are just a few of the foods that I embrace while following a ketogenic lifestyle. Healthy fats fuel my brain and help my body to run optimally.
Having meals planned and prepared in advance has been a huge reason why I have been so successful following keto. I love batching out these freezer meals and having them ready to go whenever I need them!