After prepping 10 healthy crockpot freezer meals, I decided to freeze some meals for the grill too. Organic chicken breasts were on sale at the grocery store, so I bought 10 packages, marinated it, and froze it for the grill. Now we’re stocked for summer!
To each freezer bag, I added:
- 1 package boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1-2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
And 3 teaspoons seasoning (1 teaspoon of each):
- Lemon Garlic – lemon zest, rosemary, garlic powder
- Lemon Pepper – lemon zest, pepper, onion powder
- Chili Lime – lime zest, chili powder, red pepper flakes
- Spicy Garlic Lime – lime zest, garlic powder, pepper
- Basic BBQ – chili powder, paprika, cinnamon
- Mild Cajun – paprika, garlic powder, onion powder
- Southwestern – chili powder, paprika, and cumin
- Mediterranean – onion powder, garlic powder, parsley flakes
- Ginger Garlic – garlic powder, onion powder, ginger
- Italian – basil, oregano, thyme
Click here to view a free printable version and shopping list:
CLICK HERE FOR THE PDF. NO STRINGS ATTACHED.
What’s so great about these marinated chicken freezer packs?
- I made all 10 of them in 25 minutes (only 2.5 minutes per pack!).
- I already had the bags and seasonings on-hand, and I bought the chicken, olive oil, and lemons/limes on sale for $49 ($4.90 per pack).
- They’re healthy and delicious!
To Freeze and Cook:
Stack in the freezer for up to three months.
When ready to cook, thaw in the refrigerator overnight or in a pan of water. Grill for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Serve with a big salad and rice and dinner is done.
Thanks so much for all of your recipes and printable. I may have missed this in the post. Do you add 3 teaspoons of each seasoning (ex: 3 teaspoons chile powder, 3 teaspoons paprika, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon) or one teaspoon of each of the three seasonings (ex: one teaspoon chile powder, one teaspoon paprika, and one teaspoon cinnamon)?
One teaspoon of each.
Any tips for choosing chicken breasts for grilling or crockpot use? My husband ALWAYS thinks my chicken turns out dry, especially when it has been frozen first. He’s right, but I try really hard to enjoy it anyway. I usually buy the 6×2 packs of Kirkland boneless skinless breasts at Costco.
I don’t think it’s the freezer that’s drying them out. I think it’s the cooking method. It’s VERY easy to overcook chicken breasts in the crockpot. I would cook them for less time.
Let the chicken breast get to room temperature then grill it. Let them grill 8 to 10min on each side with the lid down. Hope this helps
[…] from New Leaf Wellness put together a list of 10 Marinated Chicken Freezer Packs for the Grill you can make in 15 minutes. Her free download includes 10 printable recipes and a printable shopping […]
Is it 3tsp of each spice or 1 of each?
Is it one teaspoon of each spice or three teaspoons of each?
1 tsp each!
All of these recipes look great! I would just like to ask for a quick clarification. Do I put 3 teaspoons of each ingredient, or 1 teaspoon of each (to total 3 teaspoons altogether)? Thank you!
Sorry…nevermind! I see that the directions were modified since I first looked at them yesterday. Thanks again!