I thought it might be helpful to share how I fit freezer cooking into my everyday life. I have three young daughters (ages 4 and under), work from home, and was still able to prep 11 freezer meals this week.
I promise I’m not a “super mom” of any sorts. I’m just a regular mom who’s good at meal planning. If I can fit freezer cooking into my life, you can too.
Here’s what I made…
- Four batches of crockpot beef roast and carrots (our favorite!)
- One chicken pot pie
- Two batches of Mexican chili with cornbread topping (I subbed ground beef in this recipe)
- Two batches of vegetable beef soup (same recipe from this healthy freezer cooking post)
- Two batches of beef and black bean chili (I modified this turkey chili recipe)
Here’s how I did it…
- I prepped four batches of crockpot beef roast and carrots on Wednesday afternoon while my oldest daughter was at preschool. It only took me 25 minutes. (I didn’t plan this freezer cooking session, but beef roasts were BOGO at the grocery store, so I couldn’t resist.)
- I made two chicken pot pies on Wednesday, one for dinner and one for the freezer.
- I prepped six ground beef crockpot freezer meals this morning while my three daughters were playing. It only took me 50 minutes total. (More details coming soon!)
Overall, I spent 75 minutes on the crockpot meals and one hour on the chicken pot pies. That’s all the cooking I did this week. For dinners, we ate other meals from the freezer and my husband made hamburgers and taco salads. (Tomorrow, I’ll take the day off and we’ll order pizza!)
I hope this gives you an idea how it’s possible to fit freezer cooking into a busy schedule. A little bit of planning saves a lot of time and effort in the long run!
Freezer prepping meals has helped my household out so much. I prep maybe three meals a week. Sometimes we eat all three, sometimes we don’t, but we always have the option to throw something in the crock pot if we run out of meal ideas or out of time. Thanks for all your recipes, and honestly, it’s not hard at all! I have been meal-prepping on Sundays anyway, whipping up breakfast and chopping up veggies we’ll likely eat during the week. Adding the freezer meals has simplified the process that much more and made shopping at the grocery store easier… Read more »
I would like to get added to your email list.
We recent;y moved and my husband is no working second shift. I had no idea how I was going to take care of dinner/bath and bed with two little ones and no help when I’ve always divided and conquered with my spouse. Your website has saved me. I prep all my meal on Sunday and dinner is done for the rest of the week.
Fantastic, Tiffany. Great job!