Meet my favorite slow cooker recipe! The beef melts in your mouth and the carrots are oh-so-flavorful. And, with only five ingredients, it’s so easy to make!
I’ve been making this recipe once a week for a couple of months though, so I think it’s safe to say that it’s one of my favorites. It’s quickly become my go-to recipe when I give freezer meals as gifts. When you taste how delicious it is, you’ll know why.
I think what I love most about this slow cooker beef roast and carrots is how flavorful the beef and carrots become. My husband and I could easily eat a pound of the carrots between the two of us, and our three-year-old and baby love them. (Our four-year-old prefers raw carrots. She doesn’t know what she’s missing!)
Cook fresh or freeze to cook later. Serve with rice, biscuits, or a big side salad.
- 2-pound boneless beef chuck shoulder roast (No substitutions! This is the best cut of meat for the slow cooker!)
- 1-2 pounds carrots, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- one seasoning packet (We love the McCormick mesquite and chipotle seasonings) or 3 tablespoons of your favorite homemade seasoning mix (Like homemade taco seasoning. Yum!)
- Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker.
- Add lid, and cook on “low” setting for 8 hours until beef shreds easily with a fork.
To Freeze and Cook Later
Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible and freeze for up to three months. When ready to eat, thaw overnight in refrigerator. Cook on “low” setting for 8 hours, or until meat easily pulls apart with a fork. Shred meat and serve.