Cooking dinner doesn’t have to take a lot of time. I cook dinner six nights a week, and you can bet I’m not spending an hour in the kitchen every night.
Take this slow cooker spicy pepper beef recipe for example. Only requires four ingredients and less than 10 minutes to chop the vegetables.
My slow cooker party pork recipe is another one of my “4 ingredient recipes” that comes together in a flash.
I’ll let you in on a little secret: Sometimes I even prep my slow cooker meals the night before and store in the refrigerator overnight. Then all I have to do in the morning is take it out of the fridge and turn on the slow cooker. It doesn’t get any quicker than that! (I place a piece of plastic wrap in between the slow cooker pot and lid.)
Three reasons I love this banana pepper shredded beef recipe:
- It’s easy to make.
- It’s a creative way to use fresh banana peppers from your garden or farmer’s market.
- IT’S DELICIOUS.
Cook fresh or freeze to cook later. Serve on rolls with a side salad or plain with mashed potatoes and roasted carrots.
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck shoulder roast, fat trimmed
- 4 banana peppers (mild or hot), seeds removed and sliced (Please wear gloves so your fingers don’t burn afterwards!)
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1–1.25 cups beef broth (If you buy a can with 2 cups, you can use the leftover broth in my Shepherd’s Pie recipe)
- Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours on “low.” (The time depends on the strength of your slow cooker. You want the meat to fall apart and melt in your mouth.)
- Remove beef from slow cooker and shred with a fork.
To Freeze and Cook Later
Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze for up to three months. When ready to cook, thaw overnight in refrigerator and cook in slow cooker for 6-8 hours on “low” setting.