Sick of boiled, canned, and raw carrots? Here’s our favorite recipe for roasted carrots. The secret is to bake them at a high temp with a little bit of oil, salt, and pepper.
Roasted carrots taste totally different than any other kind of cooked carrot. In a totally delicious, I can’t believe I love carrots, kind of way.
Carrots just get so sweet and soft in the oven. My husband and I love the taste and texture of roasted veggies and our almost-3-year-old does too. (So why mess with a good thing?)
I swear even the non-carrot-eaters in your life will love them. And you’ll love how easy the recipe is. Enjoy!
Recipe for Roasted Carrots
- One pound of carrots, peeled and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine ingredients in a casserole dish or baking pan and place in oven.
- Bake, stirring every 15 minutes or so, until cooked through (about an hour).
We also love to roast green beans, broccoli, and potatoes. Personally, I love roasted brussel sprouts, butternut squash, beets, and asparagus…but they’re not as big of hits with the rest of my family.
Tell me: What’s your favorite roasted vegetable?