Cook fresh or freeze to cook later. Serve on rolls with a side salad or plain with mashed potatoes and roasted carrots.
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck shoulder roast, fat trimmed
- 4 banana peppers (mild or hot), seeds removed and sliced (Please wear gloves so your fingers don’t burn afterwards!)
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1–1.25 cups beef broth (If you buy a can with 2 cups, you can use the leftover broth in my Shepherd’s Pie recipe)
- Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours on “low.” (The time depends on the strength of your slow cooker. You want the meat to fall apart and melt in your mouth.)
- Remove beef from slow cooker and shred with a fork.
To Freeze and Cook Later
Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze for up to three months. When ready to cook, thaw overnight in refrigerator and cook in slow cooker for 6-8 hours on “low” setting.