I’m so excited to share this new recipe for you. It’s a combo of Chicken Philly Cheesesteaks and Sloppy Joe’s in the best way possible. My whole family loves it and it’s so easy to make.
I made these Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joe’s last night after we got home from a day at the pool and they were a huge win. It only took me 20-25 minutes to make them and my husband and I couldn’t stop talking about how there was so much flavor in such a simple recipe. This is my third time making it, and I’m glad I’m finally sitting down to share it on my blog.
If you’re looking for a new dinner idea, give it a try. I know you’re going to love it.
Plus, if you’re a member of our freezer cooking membership site, you can add it to your shopping list in two seconds!
What’s so great about this recipe?
- It’s easy and delicious!
- It’s kid-friendly.
- It works for pretty much every diet. (Just get creative with side dishes and substitutions for the bun/cheese.)
Cook fresh or freeze to cook later. Frozen diced onions and peppers can be substituted for fresh. Serve on a bun with provolone cheese.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 small green pepper, diced (one cup)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced (one cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large saute pan and cook on medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
To Freeze and Cook Later
Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze for up to three months. When ready to cook, thaw freezer bag overnight in refrigerator or in water. Cook in a large saute pan for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
If you give this recipe a try, please let me know in a comment below. I’d love to hear what you think!