Cook fresh or freeze to cook later. Frozen diced onions and peppers can be substituted for fresh. Serve on a bun with provolone cheese.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 small green pepper, diced (one cup)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced (one cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large saute pan and cook on medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
To Freeze and Cook Later
Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze for up to three months. When ready to cook, thaw freezer bag overnight in refrigerator or in water. Cook in a large saute pan for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.