This is an easy and healthy recipe that you can cook in your crockpot or freeze (raw) and cook later. Serve with rice.
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 pineapple, chopped
- 1 bottle (18oz) spicy BBQ sauce
- Add all ingredients to crockpot.
- Cook 4-6 hours on “low” setting.
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and use-by date (which would be 3 months from the prep date).
- Add all ingredients except chicken to freezer bag, seal, and freeze up to three months.
- When ready to cook, add contents of freezer bag to crockpot with chicken. (I freeze my chicken separately because it turns a weird texture when it’s frozen with pineapple.)
- Cook on “low” setting for 4-6 hours.