I’m so excited to share this new recipe for crockpot brown sugar ham with you. It’s absolutely delicious and very easy to make.
This was my first time making ham in my crockpot and it was a huge success. I adapted an oven recipe that we like for my crockpot and it was so convenient to make. My husband LOVED it and the leftovers were amazing. (I highly recommend this crockpot ham and pinto bean soup. Just add chopped ham in place of the ham shank.)
What’s so great about this Crockpot Brown Sugar Ham Recipe?
- It’s delicious! The cloves add an amazing smoky flavor and the brown sugar and honey make it sweet, but not too sweet.
- It’s so easy to make. Just add everything to your crockpot, turn it on, and dinner is done.
- It doesn’t take up space in your oven, so you can use it to cook other holiday side dishes.
This is a great recipe, friends. I know you’re going to love it. My only advice is to stick to the size of ham recommended below (6-8 pounds). I originally bought a 12-pound ham that was way too big for my crockpot and had to return it. Then I bought half a ham that weighed seven pounds and it was perfect. Enjoy!
- 6–8 pound semi-boneless ready to eat ham
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- Stick cloves into outside of ham and place in crockpot.
- In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, combine butter, light brown sugar, and honey and pour over ham.
- Cook on low setting for 6-8 hours.
- Remove cloves, slice ham, and serve.