Here’s a simple homemade mint sugar scrub that you can make in five minutes or less with ingredients from your grocery store. It’s exfoliating, moisturizing, and so easy to make!
I got hooked on homemade coconut oil sugar scrubs last year when I was looking for a simple exfoliator. I’ve been using them on my dry and sensitive skin every day since then, and I simply can’t get enough. I even made organic lemon sugar scrubs for my sister-in-law’s bridal shower this summer.
What I love about this mint sugar scrub is that it takes advantage of all of the fresh mint available this time of year. If you don’t have any mint growing in an herb garden, you can pick some up at your local grocery store. Add some extra virgin coconut oil and sugar to your cart and you’re ready to assemble your scrub!
I’ll warn you that the smell of this scrub is intoxicating. This mint sugar scrub smells so good that you’re going to want to eat it. The good news is that it’s totally edible, so you’re welcome to give it a try.
Homemade Mint Sugar Scrub
Yields: 1/2 cup of homemade mint sugar scrub (I usually store my scrubs in 4oz glass jelly jars.)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint (about 20 mint leaves)
- 1/2 cup organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- Combine all ingredients. (Unlike my coconut oil lotions, I do not recommend heating the coconut oil prior to mixing because you don’t want it to dissolve the sugar.)
- On your hands – Massage into your hands and fingernails for 30 seconds. Rinse and pat dry.
- On your legs and feet – Massage into your legs and feet while in the bath or sitting on the side of the bathtub. Rinse and pat dry. (Never use on your feet in the shower because the coconut oil is slippery and you risk falling.)
P.S. If you’re looking for more simple beauty recipes, my Easy Beauty Recipes eBook is part of a huge eBook sale right now. For $29.97, you get over $1,000 in eBooks, eCourses, and freebies that will jumpstart your healthy lifestyle. Click here for more info: The Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle 2014.