I’m so excited to share one of the recipes from my new cookbook with you! It’s a recipe for slow cooker Hawaiian chicken that can be quickly prepped and frozen and then cooked in your slow cooker. Such an easy, simple, and yummy meal to have on-hand.
What I love about this slow cooker Hawaiian chicken is that it’s not your average chicken dinner. In a previous blog post, I shared my favorite chicken crockpot recipes. They’re all delicious, but this is something special.
This recipe for slow cooker Hawaiian chicken only requires four ingredients: chicken breasts, fresh pineapple, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Yum!
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken for the Freezer
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 fresh pineapple, stalk, skin, and core removed and fruit cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 gallon-sized plastic freezer bag
- Label your freezer bag.
- To your freezer bag, add pineapple, brown sugar, soy sauce, and chicken breasts. (Add the chicken breasts to the bag last, so they’re the first ingredient poured into your slow cooker.)
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal, and lay flat in your freezer.
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw.
- The morning of cooking, pour contents of freezer bag into your slow cooker and cook on “low” setting for 3-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
Serve with brown rice and broccoli, and enjoy!