Here’s my favorite freezer cookie recipe made with oats and M&M’s. I scoop the dough into little balls and freeze it raw so I can have freshly baked cookies at a moment’s notice. Genius, right?
I perfected my freezer cookie recipe back when I was writing my 15-Minute Freezer Recipes cookbook. I froze tons and tons of cookie dough until I got the ratio of baking powder, baking soda, and sugar just right. I like cookies that rise while baking so the center stays soft and chewy.
At the time, I was making oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Then, I moved onto oatmeal raisin cookies for my No Cook Freezer Meals cookbook. Both delicious.
I know you’re going to love this freezer cookie recipe with oatmeal and M&M cookies too. You can prep them in less than 10 minutes and bake them whenever you need a chocolate fix.
Freezer Cookie Recipe with Oats and M&Ms
Yields: 24 cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (not quick-cooking oats)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup M&M’s
- Mix butter and egg.
- Add flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and salt. Stir until just combined. (Don’t overmix!).
- Add M&M’s and stir until combined. (Again, don’t overmix!).
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheets. Use fingers to form into balls. (Tip: Wet your fingers with water to keep the dough from sticking).
- Freeze until firm (about an hour).
- Remove from pan and store in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag for up to three months.
- Remove from freezer, and place cookies on cookie sheet for 35 minutes to thaw.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
- Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet. Remove and finish cooling on wire rack.
Nutrition Info for two cookies: 150 calories, 4.5g fat (2.5 saturated), 15mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 18g carbs (2g fiber, 14g sugar), 8g protein, 10% Vitamin A, 4% Iron, 2% Calcium, 4% Vitamin C