Planning to carve a pumpkin this weekend? Don’t toss the seeds! Pumpkin seeds are full of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
Yesterday, my 3 year old and I cleaned and carved a pumpkin while my 1 year old was napping.
(Note: I don’t recommend trying to carve a pumpkin with a just-turned-3-year-old. My daughter refused to help clean it out and her only input in the task was stabbing the pumpkin with one of those safe carving tools. I ended up carving it myself as quickly as I could.)
Anyway, after the carving was done, I saved most of the seeds as an easy and healthy snack option.
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
- one cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Rinse seeds and add oil and salt (I did this right in the colander. Why dirty another bowl?).
- Pour seeds onto a baking sheet, and separate into one thin layer.
- Bake until golden brown, flipping every 5 minutes or so (mine took about about 25 minutes total to cook).
- Cool, and store in snack-sized bags for easy, healthy eating on-the-go!
What healthy recipes are you looking forward to this fall?