Cook fresh or freeze to cook later. Serve with a salad and bread or crackers.
- 16oz frozen petite broccoli florets
- 8oz mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small yellow onion, diced (1 cup)
- 1 large carrot, finely shredded (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, diced
- 16oz half & half (2 cups)
- 16 chicken broth (2 cups) (substitute vegetable broth to make vegetarian)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Place broccoli, cheese, onions, carrots, and butter in crockpot.
- In a medium bowl, wisk half & half, broth, flour, mustard, and hot sauce.
- Pour mixture into crockpot and stir.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove half of the broccoli from the crockpot, set aside.
- Blend remaining ingredients.
- Put broccoli back into crockpot and stir.
To Freeze and Cook Later
Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and use-by date (three months from when you prepped the meal). Place broccoli, cheese, onions, carrots, and butter to your freezer bag. In a medium bowl, wisk half & half, broth, flour, mustard and hot sauce. Pour mixture into freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze for up to three months. When ready to cook, thaw in refrigerator overnight or in morning in water and and then follow cooking instructions above.