Cook fresh or freeze to cook later. I recommend serving the leftover cranberry mixture in the slow cooker with the meat – it’s so yummy! Add some sides of green beans and stuffing and dinner is done.
- 2.5 pound bone-in pork shoulder (sometimes labeled as a “Boston butt” or “pork butt”)
- 15oz can whole berry cranberry sauce (or half of this homemade cranberry sauce recipe)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker and cook on “low” setting for 6-8 hours or until pork shreds easily with a fork.
- Remove bones and shred meat.
To Freeze and Cook Later
Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag and freeze for up to three months. When ready to eat, thaw overnight in refrigerator. Add to slow cooker and cook on “low” setting for 6-8 hours or until pork shreds easily with a fork. Remove bones and shred meat.