This is a fresh and flavorful recipe that you can cook in your crockpot or freeze (raw) and cook later. Top with corn chips, shredded cheese, guacamole, and fresh cilantro.
- 1 cup dry, uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15oz can light kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15oz jar salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 32oz vegetable broth (4 cups) (not needed until day of cooking)
- Add all ingredients to crockpot.
- Cook 4-6 hours on “low” setting.
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and use-by date (which would be 3 months from the prep date).
- Add all ingredients to freezer bag (except broth), seal, and freeze up to three months.
- When ready to cook, thaw freezer bag overnight in the refrigerator or in the morning in water.
- Add to crockpot with broth and cook on “low” setting for 4-6 hours.