This recipe can be cooked fresh or assembled and frozen (raw) to cook later. Serve on hamburger buns with shredded cheddar cheese, extra bacon bits, and sliced green onions.
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits (they’re bigger than the pieces)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8oz cream cheese (not needed until day of cooking)
- Add all ingredients, except cream cheese, to crockpot and cook on “low” setting for 4-6 hours.
- Shred chicken and return to crockpot with cream cheese.
- Cook additional 5-10 minutes or until cream cheese warms and starts to melt. Mix everything in crockpot.
To Freeze and Cook Later
Label a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and use-by date. Add all ingredients except cream cheese and remove as much air as possible. Seal and freeze for up to three months.