Cook fresh or freeze and cook later. Serve on soft tortillas, rice, or lettuce with your favorite taco toppings.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 taco seasoning packet (or this homemade version: 1T chili powder, 1tsp pepper, and 1/2tsp of each of the following – salt, ground cumin, red pepper flakes, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder)
- 1 dry ranch seasoning packet (or this homemade version: 1T dried parsley, 1tsp garlic powder, 1tsp onion powder, 1tsp dried onion flakes, 3/4tsp dill, 1/2tsp pepper, and 1/2 tsp salt. Traditional ranch seasoning packets also include 1T dried buttermilk but I omitted it because I don’t keep it on-hand.)
- Combine all ingredient in crockpot and cook on “low” setting for 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken and mix with sauces and spices left in crockpot.
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag and freeze for up to to three months.
- When ready to cook, thaw overnight in refrigerator or in morning in water.
- Follow cooking directions above.