Cook fresh or freeze to cook later. Serve with spaghetti noodles and parmesan cheese. To knock it out of the park, add a side salad and a fresh toasted baguette.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 24 ounce jar spaghetti sauce (I like tomato and basil but feel free to use your favorite kind)
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot and cook on “low” setting for 6-8 hours or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and “use-by” date (which will be three months from the prep date). Add all ingredients to your freezer bag, seal, and freeze.
- When ready to eat, thaw overnight in refrigerator or in morning in water. Add to crock pot and cook on “low” setting for 6-8 hours or until chicken is cooked through and tender.