Cook fresh or freeze to cook later. Serve on big pieces of iceberg or Boston bibb lettuce. Use tamari for gluten-free.
- 2 pounds of ground chicken (you can also substitute ground beef or ground turkey when they’re on sale at the grocery store)
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, diced
- 2 large carrots, grated (1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Add all ingredients to your slow cooker and cook on “low” setting for 4-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Break apart chicken and mix with sauce in slow cooker.
To Freeze and Cook Later
Add all ingredients to a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze for up to three months. Thaw in refrigerator overnight and then cook in slow cooker for 4-6 hours on “low” setting. Break apart chicken and spoon onto lettuce.