Cook fresh or freeze and cook later. Serve with brown rice and broccoli or a salad. You can also shred the chicken and serve on tortillas with cheddar cheese.
- 1–2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed
- 1–2 medium-sized red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced or diced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot and cook for 3-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible and freeze for up to three months. To cook, thaw and add to crockpot. Cook on “low” setting for 3-4 hours in a 6-quart crockpot or 6-8 hours in a 4-quart crockpot.