Cook fresh or freeze to cook later. This soup tastes great with a piece of crusty bread on the side.
- 1 pound small meatballs (store bought or homemade)
- 24oz jar of pasta sauce (about 2.5 cups)
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups green beans, ends cut off and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, ends cut off and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on “low” for 8 hours or until veggies are soft.
To Freeze and Cook Later
Combine all ingredients (except chicken broth) in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze for up to three months. When ready to cook, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and add to slow cooker with chicken broth. Cook on “low” setting for 8 hours or until veggies are soft.