Cook fresh or freeze to cook later. Top with fresh cilantro and serve with pita bread, naan, or rice.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6oz can of tomato paste
- 13.5oz can of coconut milk
- 1 small onion, chopped (about one cup)
- 2 cups of frozen peas
- 14.5oz can of tomato sauce (about 1 3/4 cup)
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- In a bowl, combine tomato sauce, garlic, honey, and seasonings. Set aside.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to your slow cooker. Cover with the tomato sauce/seasoning mixture.
- Cook on low 8 hours.
To Freeze and Cook Later
Combine all of the ingredients in a gallon-sized freezer bag and freeze for up to three months. When ready to cook, thaw overnight in your refrigerator and cook in your slow cooker for 8 hours on low. Since the Slow Cooker Chicken Curry cooks for the first time in your slow cooker, it won’t taste like leftovers!