Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and tortilla chips.
- 1 medium yellow onion (one cup), chopped
- 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15oz can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), drained and rinsed
- 14.5oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained (my family likes medium-heat)
- 14.5oz can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen medley of green and red peppers and onion strips
- 1 2/3 cup frozen corn
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
To Freeze and Cook Later
- Label a gallon-sized freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and use by date.
- Add all ingredients to your freezer bag. (Add the chicken last so it’s the first ingredient dumped in to the slow cooker.)
- Remove as much air as possible from the bag, seal it, and freeze it for up to three months.
- When ready to eat, thaw enough to break apart the ingredients and add them to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low setting for 6-8 hours.
- Serving Size: 1 2/3 cup
- Calories: 330
- Sugar: 8 g
- Sodium: 954 mg
- Fat: 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 35 g
- Cholesterol: 64 mg